In the 1930s and 40s Miles was a prolific producer of sturdy, lightweight and efficient light aircraft. The company produced cabin monoplanes and one-off racers to compete in the many air races of the period. One such racer was the Hawk Speed Six, a development of the Hawk Major trainer, one of only three ever made and the subject of this simulation.
A new lower profile canopy was fitted in 1939 and the paintwork changed from the traditional Miles cream to black and cream. The airframe was dismantled and stored throughout the war years.
After the war, 'No 8' was championed by Ronald Paine, who owned and raced the aeroplane for nearly 18 years. In 1971, with a new owner, 'No.8' underwent a complete overhaul and refurbishment and Ronald Paine once again flew her to a second place in the King's Cup of 1972.
Today, the aeroplane can be seen at air shows, still thrilling crowds wherever she appears.
- High definition textures, including specular, bump and reflection maps
- Authentic animated VC
- Accurate flight dynamics
- In-game options - special configuration panel allows for seat height adjustment and view angles in the VC and the removal of the pilot when on the ground
- Special paint techniques - specially developed texture techniques to simulate the different coverings used for the airframe and wooden cockpit interior
- Authentic sounds - a fully engineered sound-set faithfully reproduces the unique sounds of the D.H. Gypsy engine
- PDF User Guide
The Aeroplane Heaven Miles Hawk Speed Six is quite a visual feast inside and out and is an excellent reproduction of this iconic aircraft... A well behaved tail dragger for those venturing into this style of flying... Fun to fly, surprisingly well featured and an absolute bargain!"
PC Pilot magazine (80/100)
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold, Steam Edition or SP2 required) or Prepar3D v1/v2/v3
- 2.0GHz or any Dual Core
- 2GB RAM
- 512MB graphics card
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (32-bit or 64-bit)