Jeff Staehli has produced a spectular version of this scenery for FSX and Prepar3D. Every detail has been created in 3D and is also completely photorealistic. The hand-crafted trees, bushes and plants are a real eye-catcher. The ground textures come with a resolution of 12 cm/pixel and reproduce all ground structures exactly as they are in real life.
An airport landmark - the black Breitling clock - it shows the exact time. However, the largest distinctive landmark is ICARUS, the God of the pilots! A particular gag is the "speed trap" on the slip road to the airport - so be careful!
- Photorealistic depiction of Grenchen airport and the surroundings
- Distinctive objects: Aare bridge, Biel-Solothurn motorway, indoor tennis centre
- Original layout for taxiways, parking positions
- 3D runway lighting
- Static aircraft such as a DA-42 and Antonov AN-2
- Ground textures based on aerial photos ( 12cm/pixel orthophoto )
- Seasonal colouring of the aerial photos for summer and winter
- Animated moving wind socks
- Complete and very impressive night lighting
- Optimized adaptation to Switzerland Professional X
- Printable approach charts
Awards / Reviews:
Conclusion by asn-xp.aerosoft.com (Aerosoft Sim News):
"Overall I was really impressed with Grenchen X. Visually it’s been done very well with an excellent use of photoreal textures for the buildings sitting on a photo base. Lots of attention has been given to tree modelling and ensuring the airport presented in FSX/P3D reflects its real world counterpart. It performs well and as the seasons and time of day shift, so the visual experience you have changes to reflect this while maintaining its immersive qualities. While the supporting documentation is quite light the charts are very useful and allow aviators to fly accurately. The only things that let it down slightly are the lack of vehicles in the parking spaces and the textures used for the people. While improving/adding these would improve the airport overall, what is supplied ‘out of the box’ is still really well done. I thoroughly enjoyed my time exploring Grenchen X and highly recommend it."
Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX (SP2 or Acceleration Pack ) or oder Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
Processor: min. 2.66 GHz
RAM: min. 2 GB
Graphics: min. 256 MB
Download-Size: 300 MB
Installations-Size: 260 MB